Thursday, June 1, 2017

It's June...

Can you believe it is June already? Where did this school year go? In a few short weeks the children will be done with school, some will have moving up ceremonies to "graduate" to a new building in the fall.  I've spent the last few weeks in CSE meetings for all of our students who are moving up to new buildings next year.  Its wonderful to have so many parents attend the meetings and even more fun for me to have our 8th graders attend their first CSE meetings! They all have done such a great job - some talking and asking questions, just others listening but all very respectful and looking so grown up and ready to move on. It's been the highlight of the annual review season for me this year.

I am also very excited about graduation this year! My own children, Andrew and Shayla, will be graduating this year and going off to college next year., and I will get to see a truly great group of seniors graduate. I started at West Genesee when they were in Kindergarten, so I feel like I've watched them all grow up. I'm sure I'll shed a tear or two but couldn't be prouder of them all!

Recent Events
As the school year wraps up, there will be many events at the buildings for our students to partake in. I love to try to get to them when I can. Special Olympics was last week so I just wanted to share some pictures and video that celebrate's our athletes.  Click below to view a video of the event.


Our Unified Sports Basketball team has wrapped up its first season. The final games were exciting as ever to watch. The team had the support of fans, family, teachers, cheerleaders and even the Wildcat mascot! The players earned a medal and t-shirt and each district a plaque to mark their participation in the season. I can't wait to see what the next season brings.

Hopefully the rain will end soon and we can all get outside and enjoy some nice weather.

Take Care,
~ Sue